What is VPN: VPN or Virtual Privacy Network is a secure network connection which helps you to connect public networks safely and securely. VPN will add an extra layer of security and privacy to the pages or websites that you visit. VPN’s are mostly used by the corporations to protect their sensitive data. By using VPN, you can prevent others from tracking your original IP. It will replace the user’s real IP address with the other IP address. Individual users can also use VPN to stay anonymous while accessing the darknet markets. In some countries, Government blocks certain websites due to various reasons, But with the help of VPN, you can access those blocked contents with ease. In countries like the USA, downloading torrents is heavily monitored. Hence the people’s in the USA uses VPN to hide their internet activity and to prevent ISPs from tracking their real IP address. Most of the VPN providers have made their products available for multiple devices. Hence, VPN can be used on multiple platforms like PC, Mac, Android, Windows Phone, Linux and much more. Check Below for best VPN 2018.
How to use VPN with TOR?
Tor is a secured network which provides the secured and anonymous connection to the internet. Since darknet markets are powered with the high-level domain of .onion, standard browsers will not provide access to these sites. Tor Browser will come handy in those times. The best combination to access the deep web is by using TOR with VPN. TOR browser will provide access to .onion URLs and VPN will provide necessary security features.
You can use VPN with TOR in two ways:
First Method: Connect your PC to the VPN and then start TOR Browser. By doing this, you can prevent your target website from tracking your IP address. But your ISP may know that you are using VPN service.
Second Method: Another way is by letting Tor encrypt your connection towards the VPN server first; from the VPN your connection returns to Tor; then once again to the VPN and finally to the Internet. By doing this ISP will have no idea of whether are using VPN or not.
Advantages of using VPN:
Even if you aren’t a Deep Web user, VPN will offer you several advantages. The advantages of using VPN are listed below
- You can surf the deep web securely and anonymously.
- You can stream and download anything without worrying about the tracking of your IP address by ISP.
- It will provide you access to the blocked contents on Facebook, Google, Twitter, Gmail, Youtube and much more.
- It also gives access to the blocked content on Hulu, Netflix, HBO Now, Spotify, Pandora, BBC and much more.
- While accessing the Dark web, Your IP address will be hidden from hackers, malware, and other attackers.
- By using VPN, your connections will be encrypted. Hence, even if someone obtains your online data, it will be unreadable.
Disadvantages of Using VPN:
Using VPN doesn’t have too many disadvantages. But there are few disadvantages, and they are listed below:
- Speed will be a major drawback while using VPN. It can be avoided by using paid VPNs instead of using Free VPN service’s.
- Some of the free VPNs may steal your internet activities and sell it to others. SO selecting the good VPN service is vital.
- By using VPN services, you can’t make transactions through PayPal.
List of Top 8 Best VPN’s 2018
- Website: https://www.expressvpn.com
- Price: $12.95/month, $59.95/6 months, $99.95/year
- Supported Devices: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Linux
- Highlights: Servers in 136 cities and 94 countries, 24/7 customer service, 30-day money back guarantee
- Drawbacks: No free trial, Requires Multiple Login Codes for Every Device, Plans are Very costly
- Ratings: 4.9/5
- Website: https://go.nordvpn.net/
- Price: $11.95/month, $69/year, $79/2years, $99/3 years
- Supported Devices: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Blackberry, D-Link, RasperryPi, and much more
- Highlights: Automatic kill switch, 24/7 Customer Support, One-click installation
- Drawbacks: Apps for Android and iOS devices needs improvement
- Ratings: 4.7/5
3. CyberGhost VPN
- Website: https://pro.cyberghostvpn.com/en_US/
- Price: $11.99/month, $5.99/year, $3.50/2years
- Supported Devices: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Linux
- Highlights: Anti-fingerprinting system, Unlimited bandwidth, Mobile-friendly apps
- Drawbacks: No Customer Support
- Ratings: 4.5/5
- Website: https://www.purevpn.com/
- Price: $11.00/month (1 Month Free), $54.00/6months (6 months free), $59.00/2years (2 years free)
- Supported Devices: Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS
- Highlights: 75,000+ IP addresses, Supports Various Platforms, Unlimited bandwidth
- Drawbacks: Lengthy Registration Process, OpenVPN is beta
- Ratings: 4.4/5
5. Hotspot Shield VPN
- Website: https://www.hotspotshield.com/
- Price: $12.99/month, $8.99/6Months, $5.99/year, $119.99/Unlimited Years
- Supported Devices: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Chrome Browser
- Highlights: Ad-free browsing, Unlimited Bandwidth, 45-day Money Back Guarantee
- Drawbacks: Some features missing on certain platforms
- Ratings: 4.3/5
- Website: https://privatevpn.com/
- Price: $6.57/month, $13.50/3months, $$43.20/Year
- Supported Devices: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Chrome, Firefox and Opera
- Highlights: No data logging, 24/7 Customer Support
- Drawbacks: Low Sever Locations
- Ratings: 4.2/5
7. Avast SecureLine VPN
- Website: https://www.avast.com/lp-aff-secureline-vpn
- Price: $4.00/Month (Single Device), $5.33/Month (5 Devices), $47.99/Year (Single Device), $63.99/Year (Up to 5 devices), $109.99/2Years (Single Device), $149.99/2Years ( Up to 5 devices)
- Supported Devices: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS
- Highlights: Easy to set up and use, Zero logs, bank-grade encryption
- Drawbacks: Only 52 servers in 33 countries
- Ratings: 4.1/5
8. HideMyAss VPN
- Website: https://www.hidemyass.com/
- Price: $11.52/Month, $49.98/6months, $78.72/year
- Supported Devices: Android, Windows, iOS, Mac, and Linux
- Highlights: 860+ servers, USA Netflix compatible, 24/7 Customer Support
- Drawbacks: Email support needs improvement
- Ratings: 4.0/5
These are the top 8 and best VPNs for 2018. For further queries about VPN, please comment below.